Saturday, December 19, 2015

Day 19. The bike

The one thing I didn't get to do this summer was ride. Not just any ride, but to ride on the back of a bike. Not just any bike, but to ride on the back of a Harley. I've ridden on other bikes and enjoyed it, but there's something about a Harley that takes the experience of motorcycle riding to a new level. I've had people ask me if I wanted to own one and my answer is always the same--no. I have no desire simply because it would take away the thing I most love about riding...I'm just riding.

Ask any person who owns a bike when they feel the most peace and chances are they'll tell you it's when they are riding--the open road brings a peace others just cannot understand.

I'm fully aware that some who read my writing are not Christians, who cannot understand this peace I refer to constantly. In reflecting on my sadness that I didn't get to ride this summer I realize that I only have that sadness because I know what it's like. So, instead of trying to tell you more about my relationship with Jesus and why he brings me absolute peace, I'm going to instead encourage you to add riding a Harley to your bucket list because maybe then you'll "taste and see" and maybe, just maybe, you experience a little bit of the Jesus I know...peace can be found in many places, including on the back of a bike.

No comments: