Friday, December 18, 2015

Day 18. Facing Jesus

Sometimes I think about what it will be like when I die, when I am standing before God and giving an account of all of my breaths. I think about all the years I wanted nothing to do with God--will He bring that up? I think about all the things I've done knowing I shouldn't--will I be able to look Him in the eye? I think about how desperately I want to honor and serve Him now--will I have done that well? When the day comes that I stand before God will I just simply fall on my knees because I'll finally know what complete and overwhelming love feels like?

Tonight I hung out with a crowd of people that represent my church and as I walked among them, received their hugs, and felt their warmth I had a moment of thinking "this pales in comparison to the day you look into the eyes of Jesus" and I felt a peace swell inside of me.

I spent most of my adult life outside of church, wanting nothing to do with God--tonight I'm going to bed utterly thankful that's no longer my story. Regardless of who I was, regardless of who I am now, I know with absolute certainty that when I die I will finally feel whole and as I reflect on the birth of Jesus I can't help but let tears fall because his birth was for my death--for my moment of standing before God. 

Peace comes when we know where we're going, regardless of where we've been...if I can go to church and have it not catch on fire, if I can experience God's grace and forgiveness, then my friend trust me when I say there's not a person on this planet that can't have it too. Go to church this Christmas season and find that peace you've been searching for--He's waiting.  




No comments: